Therapeutic massage is a medically proven method for supporting your health and wellness. You'll enjoy benefits from relief of back and neck pain, reduced stress, increased circulation, improved range of motion and so much more!
Injury Treatment, Wellness & Relaxation Massage
My mission is to help each person feel their best through therapeutic massage and when they leave whether they need a little rest and relaxation or whether they need an injury treated. My hope is to optimize health and happiness by encouraging different forms of self-care, regular exercise as well as regular bodywork. I love seeing my clients get better!! ~Marlene Starr
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep Tissue Massage is a massage technique that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. It aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the fiber's of the muscles, tendons and fascia. Deep tissue massage is used to release chronic muscle tension through slower strokes and more direct deep pressure or friction applied across the grain of the muscles not with the grain. Deep tissue massage helps to break up and eliminate scar tissue. Deep tissue massage usually focuses on more specific areas.
Trigger Point Therapy
Whether you have an old injury, a recent injury, stiffness or issues that effect your mobility or range of motion, you will have trigger points. Trigger points are caused by trauma, injury or stress to the muscles, from either repetitive movement, inactivity, accidents, sports or emotional stress to name a few. By combining various massage techniques listed above and especially Trigger Point Therapy I can help to reduce and in many cases eliminate your pain by 'erasing' trigger points.
Benefits of Massage
- Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is incorporated in treatment for chronic illnesses, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort associated with lower back pain.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent risk of muscle strain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Reduces post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Contributes to shorter labor, reduces the need for medication and aides in quicker recovery in pregnant women.
Therapeutic Massage Sessions$40 per 30 minute session
$75 for 60 minutes
$110 for 90 minutes
$150 for 120 minutes